Thursday, December 29, 2005

My Prayer Jar

A little over a year ago a friend gave me this beautiful red cookie jar for my birthday. She had heard me saying that I wanted to be able to write down a prayer request and have something I could put it in. So my red cookie jar was prayed over, placed in a prominent position on my kitchen counter and is now known as my "prayer jar". This may sound silly to some people, but it brings me a great sense of peace whenever there is something specific I am praying for or struggling with to write it down and place it in the prayer jar. Writing it down helps me rest knowing that God has heard me and knows just what I need.

Over the last year I have written down specific prayer request that I needed God to fulfill. Some of the requests were not just for me, but for friends that had needs or desire that they were also looking to God for. A couple of days ago I opened up the prayer jar and decided since the year was almost over, I would take a look inside and read over the request that I had placed in there. I had forgotten over time what some of them were and it would be a good time for reflecting. What a great time! Reading over them and seeing how God had fulfilled many of them. It was an awesome opportunity to see just how much God loves us and wants to supply our needs. Only two requests out of about thirty or so had not been fulfilled (yet). What a great percentage! What an amazing God!

So a new year is starting and the prayer jar has been cleaned out and is waiting for some new request. I have already put in the two from last year, hoping and praying this will be the year that God decides to fulfill them. I would love to once again add some prayers from my dear friends. Do you have a prayer request you would like to add to the prayer jar? Email me and I will write them down, pray over them, put them in and watch and wait for God to answer. Or, if you are ever over at my house jot one down and place it in yourself. It couldn't hurt, right? Don't be afraid to share with me whatever you are praying for, I promise only you, myself and God will know what it is.

At the end of 2006 I will once again open the prayer jar and see just how amazing God has once again shown himself. I can't wait!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE that idea! i'll put a prayer request in next time i'm over.

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I may copy your idea! I can't tell you how many times I have tried to start a prayer journal and failed. I think I could definatly do a prayer jar and I need that tangible reminder that God does listen and answer prayer. Cindy

8:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, put one in for me. I need my potty training with Josiah to go well. He will be three in a week, it's time! Seriously, I need prayers!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Sonya Terrell said...

Amanda, your prayer request is in!

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a good friend to give you such a beautiful gift!! I bet she even picked red, your favoite color. I know that my name has been dropped in that prayer jar on several occasions and I greatly appreciate it. It always helps to know someone out there is praying for me.

Kelly

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home