Sunday, January 01, 2006

I'm Thankful for..............A New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

The first day of 2006 is here and with it a whole new year of possibilities and blessings!. What an appropriate day to start on my journey of developing an Attitude of gratitude. I know we are supposed to look at each day full of hope and possibilities, but this just seems to be a time when we really reach out to that hope and look forward to new and wonderful things happening to us. My friend Ty said to me a couple nights ago that he believes that 2006 will be the best year of his life. Wow! That's hope, that's believing in himself, and believing in a God that longs to give him that best year of his life! You go, Ty! I believe you and know it will be true, because YOU believe you!

As we are ushering in a new year an old one has come and gone. I can't help but reflect on 2005 and see all the blessings I have received and all the trials I have endured. All in all, it was a great year! I can look back at it without too much pain and regret.

I have matured spiritually more than I can ever have hoped for! A friend wrote to me the other day that she has watched me transform from this crying balled up mess on the sofa, to this brave woman who relies on her faith and her God. Thanks Kelly, I sometimes don't see this growth myself, so it's nice when others see it and remind me of it. I may not be in the place I want to be spiritually (yet), but I have come a long way! I have even led a women's bible study!

My business has been great and I have earned more than I ever thought I would! Twenty-seven homes sold this year! God has been so good to me in this area and I am so blessed to be with a great team (more on them later..) that helps make it all possible.

My friendships that are SO important to my survival in this crazy life have become deeper and more loving. I have met and added some great new friends- Raquel, Patrick & Erin (more on them later too...) that are a part of my daily life and they bring me blessings in so many ways. "Friday night date night" was developed and has become one of the highlights of my week! Ty and Kelly, you are going to soooooooooooo......miss them!

So, as a new year is done and gone, I find myself thankful for a new year. A new year to grow even more spiritually, to love God more deeply, to allow him to love ME more deeply and to allow my life to be more transformed into his image. A new year to allow trust to be a natural part of my thinking process and to NOT allow fear to be a part of it at all (I'll need everyone’s prayers on this one!). To grow old friendships into deeper levels of love and commitment and to develop new and lasting ones. To serve my church with even more time, energy and money. To watch my business grow more, so it will allow me the freedom from a debt owed to a family member. To love my children and watch them learn more about Christ through watching their mother and bringing them to church.

I have so many things to look forward too! So many blessings just around the corner! I agree with Ty, this is going to be the best year of MY life!

Thank you, Lord Jesus for allowing me another year to serve you. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to watch and wait for your blessings to be poured upon my life and the lives of those close to me. Help me, Jesus to always remember to put you first everyday. Thank you for giving me the spirit of thankfulness and the spirit of wanting to grow it deeper. I love you, Jesus and I look forward to spending another year with you beside me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sonya, that was your best post. Thank you for being so transparent. I have said it before and I will say it again, you make me want to get closer to Jesus every day. I love you.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If everyone keeps having these cool blogs, I will never get to work in the morning! love you Sonya, Ty

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! It is amazing the growth you have had in your life in this year. In your business life, personal life, and, most importantly, your spiritual life. Our family loves you so very much and you have been a blessing to us on so many levels. Thanks for being a great friend and I am so glad you are a part of us.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Sonya, thank you for sharing that. Your transparency is contagious. LOve, Michelle

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I said it many times before and I will say it again; I am very proud of the way you have grown in Christ. I know that you will coni\tinue to walk with Him and experience all of His goodness! Love you!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home