Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Love

In honor of today being Valentines Day it seemed appropriate to write on love. The one thing most people place the most importance on. Most of us would give up success, money, power all for just a hint of real love.....I know I would! Love can bring so much happiness, joy and fulfillment. We can find it in so many place; our spouses, our children, our friends and family and the most divine love of all...with our Savior. We enjoy being and feeling loved and we also enjoy showing and giving love. Love is the most powerful, positive emotion a person can experience, and we were all created with that need.

I read something today that I would like to share. It was an article written on the impact of Godly love and it used the parable about the prodigal son. What a wonderful story of love, compassion and forgiveness. Here is what the article stated as the Qualities of Love:

Love energizes
Love heals
Love encourages
Love has power to forgive
Love brings about generosity
Love enables joyful serving
Love restores
Love builds self esteem
Love is kind


I wonder what kind of world we would live in if every person would express these qualities of love. As Christians this is our job to live out these qualities so that people can see God in us. It affects our witness to others and impacts God's kingdom. Just as love influences our own life we must use love to touch others.

I want to wish all my friends today in honor of Valentines that they find the love that God meant for them to have. I wish for them to find the agape love that comes only to us by the Holy Spirit. To have the love of family, friends, and the passionate, romantic love that comes from a mate (something I'm still searching for!). Know that I love each of you with all of the above qualities and you all bring blessings to me.

Happy Valentines Day!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines to you Miss Sonya! I hope that you have a wonderful day! Love, Cindy and Peyton

1:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Vday Sonya. Thanks for sharing your heart!

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love You!!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Miss You!!!!

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you too, Sonya...(onya, as my little Titus used to call you!) I love the Corinthians version of what love is updated. Very cool! And, again, Happy Valentines Day!

11:37 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Happy Valentines Day Sonya and thanks for all your emails!

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home