Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I'm Thankful for........Clothes, Shoes and all things Bling Bling!



I am a girl in every sense of the word! I love fashion! I love clothes! I love jewelry...aka, bling bling! And most of all I have a huge love affair with SHOES! Every shape, color, style, I LOOOVE them all! And let's not forget about our lipstick, that is one of my favorite accessories, it's the finishing touch to any outfit.


I get fashion inspiration from so many areas, magazines, television or just walking into a store and seeing their display. But, most of my inspiration comes from my friends. I have some of the most fashionable friends! Oh man, do they dress "cool"! One of them can wear something and it makes me want to run out and buy it for myself! Believe me I have done it. Carrie and I saw a picture of our friend Amanda and loved the outfit she was wearing and both of us went out and bought the same thing (or close to it). Sorry if I am a copy cat, just look at it as the best form of flattery! But if I can't go out and buy it, I just borrow it! One of the most said lines between my friends is....Can I borrow that!

I know my friends also consider me fashionable. Very often on Sunday mornings I get a call from someone asking to borrow something, usually jewelry. And I always get a call from a certain someone before they leave for a vacation asking if she can come raid my closet. I may be forty years old, but I dress like I’m still in my twenties! I refuse to dress frumpy just because I'm growing older. I will remain fashionable till the day I die and my friends better make sure I'm wearing a "killer" outfit when they put me in my coffin. If not, hauntings and nightmares will occur!!

I love to shop at the Gap- their jeans fit me the best, Banana Republic Outlet- can't afford the regular store, and of course anywhere shoes are sold! Oh and the best place to buy bling bling....yes, you guessed it SAM MOON! That is a place where a girl swoons at being surrounded by all things glittery! Thanks to them I now have accessory to match every outfit and any mood. It’s so much fun going into to my closet and having so much to choose from each day! I just got back from meeting a friend there and bought a pair of earrings and a necklace to add to the million I already have! A girl can never have too many earrings or for that matter shoes! Oh yeah, and shirts too....oh, and how about jeans.....and bracelets.....and necklaces and...........

(Sorry to all the guys who read my blog, it's just a girl thing!)

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh please! You 3 girls gotta it going on over there in Frisco. Sonya, Carrie and Kelly, the three fashion divas!

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love being able to raid your closet, call you to come over and see how an outfit looks, and getting advice on my hair! It is great when friends share the same passion, and for all things bling bling, we do!

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I am very envious of how fashionable my friends are! I am in a place in my life right now where fashion isn't much of an option. Not many of my prepregnancy clothes are fitting again yet and I can't afford to buy a new wardrobe (at least of what I want to wear). So, I guess Peyton will be my only fashion accessory I wear for a while. At least she's a cute accessory! :-)

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a lot of fun being a woman, that's for sure! Cindy, I would love to have a little toy to dress up every day...all you moms of girls...enjoy!

Sonya, you just make sure you let me borrow that necklace you got yesterday!! And, don't worry, we will make sure you are looking hot when you are lying in your coffin!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, i don't like the coffin talk. STOP IT!

Cindy, you will be pregannt again soon so don't worry you pretty, head or skinny butt off!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Sonya Terrell said...

Carrie, hope you didn't want to wear my necklace Saturday night, because I may be wearing it! Unless it's really, really cold and I'll wear our new coat!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home