Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I'm Thankful for...............My Home

I have lived in my current home just over a year and a half now and I can say that I still love it! It has truly been a place of comfort for me, a safe haven. I bought it after my divorce and it’s much smaller than the home I had before, but no matter, it's just the size I need. Plus it's mine, bought and paid for by me, and it screams of me and my personality. Every piece of furniture, every accessory and every picture on the wall, makes it more of a home for me. Ohhh....the best part is I have the most awesome closet; big!

It tends to be a place of "hanging" for my friends. We always seem to end up here. So many Friday nights are spent here with all my "Friday night date night" friends. I asked someone what they would rather do this past Friday night, go to a restaurant or cook dinner over my house...they choose my house. I love that! I love that my friends find my home a fun place to come to. They know that they can come, put their feet up, and just chill. I have always loved to entertain and the group of friends that I have that I can do it for, makes it all the more special.

Being in the business of Real Estate I'm constantly walking through other homes and although I see some beautiful, huge and expensive ones, it never makes me envious. I am perfectly happy where I am. This is rare in this day and age. People want bigger, they want better, they want more expensive and they want every possible upgrade you can put in them. I see it everyday in my line of work. It is so refreshing when I come across a client that buys a home based on what they can afford comfortably and that fits the needs of their family and not one that fits their need to impress their friends. I think I could be happy here for many years. (Unless of course I marry some guy who has four or five kids...we'll definitely need a bigger one!)

But, you know what's best about my home? God lives here. His presence is throughout every room and in every corner. This is his home too, because I have welcomed him in and made a place for him. This is the first home that I have lived in that I have had a relationship with God and it makes it a special, special place for me.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must agree with you, your home is a comfort for me as well. I go there when I am happy, sad, aggrivated, tired and I just feel at home. I kick off my shoes, grab my blanket, sit on the sofa and I am content. I love that I always have that place to go...it is a constant comfort and something I will miss terribly. You have the amazing ability to make all you meet feel "at home." It is one of your maany gifts.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about my house. It is an extension of me...I am always tweaking the decor, changing it to suit my liking. I am comfortable here..it feels warm, like home.

Good blog...something I don't think about all the time, but completely relate to.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

great post! We are the heart of our homes!!!

Kelly G, I can't get into your blog. What's up? It's asking for a password!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Sonya Terrell said...

Kelly, you forgot to mention rummaging through my pantry!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Sonya, a post a really needed today. It literally was used to convict me. My husband is an evangelist and has been doing this for 2 years now... we are renting because when he pastored for 5 yrs we lived in the parsonage. We are guilty of not saving for those 5 yrs but vacationing and buying things we 'wanted'.. since then God has showed us our mistakes and we are correcting them. We are becoming debt free and should be within this year.... we want to buy a home as soon as possible... I have been dealing with the envious part! I have been dealing with "But I want THIS one" and my husband shows me --- we will be 'comfortable'.... I like what was said in a comment "we are the heart of our homes".. it isn't in the home but that HE is in it and what the home is made of... thank you for you post today... I can't get off the wheel just yet, I still have molding to do. God Bless you!

11:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's funny because I always rummaged through Carrie's pantry too.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Kelly G, I too can't get to your blog.. doing the same for me. I have been 'lurking' and enjoy reading!

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christy - email me at kelly@greneaux.com and I will give you the code to get in. I had to lock it do to hackers.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home