Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Is it Christmas Yet?

It's been explained to me that on the other side of valley there is always a mountain top, also that going through trials and trouble there is always a blessing at the end. People have told me this, and God's word confirms it; "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose" Romans 8:27..... "I will make them and the places around My hill a blessing. And I will cause showers to come down in their season; they will be showers of blessings." Ezekiel34:26 Well...right now I am in that valley and I am experiencing those trials and troubles and I am desperately looking for the mountain top and the promised blessings.

I kind of equate it to waiting for Christmas. All of us experience that anticipation of getting to open our presents on Christmas morning. For weeks before we wonder what is wrapped in the boxes. We pick them up and shake them just a little and we speculate on what's inside. It makes us crazy...we want to know what we are getting...the anticipation almost kills us! Over the last few days while feeling like that everything is falling apart, I have desperately kept my eyes on Jesus. Oh...I have had my bad day or two, but for whatever reason I keep moving forward. I'm learning to take it one day at a time. I am learning to look at the troubles as blessings waiting to be opened on God's appointed "Christmas" day. God has a purpose for what I am experiencing and I have to ask him what that is and have an open heart to receive it. Psalm 119:71 says "It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I may learn Your statutes." When a storm rages in our lives, God already knows how he will turn that storm into good.

So...I am waiting for "Christmas", waiting to open my blessing. I wonder, I dream, I speculate on what it could be. Could it be a financial burden lifted...could it be the husband I've been praying for...could it be my son accepting Christ into his life...could it be that I will find my true purpose? I know one thing I'm getting, a closer relationship with my Savior along with a dose of stronger faith.

3 Comments:

Blogger V. said...

Welcome Back!

It sounds like even tho' you're in a valley, you are in a good place.

Stay safe. Stay safe in His arms.

You are so very loved, and God is creating something special.

V.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's a new season for you Sonya, brand new.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

So glad you're back. My husband always tells me the devil will attack in the greatest way when God is fixing to send blessing!

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home