Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Yesterday

Yesterday was one of those days that was filled with memories that will last me for a lifetime. It was one of those days you could label a "little heaven on earth". The memories will sustain me...and make me cry at the same time through a rough time just under three weeks away.

In less than three weeks, two of my best friends will move from being just 5 miles away to 400+ miles away. I've known this was coming for a long time. I haven't cried over it in awhile...I've tried to be strong. There was work to be done. A home needed to be sold...time needed to be spent together and memories needed to be made. Well...the home was sold last week, so now we are on too making as many wonderful memories together as possible. Yesterday was one of those time spent together, memory making days. It was random and not really planned, starting in the early afternoon and that was what made it all the more special. So here are my lifetime lasting memories to share with you from yesterday. It will be random...just like yesterday.

Cookies in the oven....Cajun food on the stove and way too much eaten!

A three year old little boy asleep on my bed and a 26 year old "little boy"...missing a front tooth...asleep on the living room floor.

A five year old coloring and drawing at the kitchen table...an eleven year old enjoying spring break playing on the computer.

Three girlfriends in various state of dress ranging from pj's to sweatpants coloring with the five year old or snuggled under blankets on the sofa watching a movie, one of them almost hacking up a lung!

Pride and high fives going around because the three year old went "shuwee" in the potty!

Cups of coffee.

Two hours of American Idol. (Go Taylor!)

Feelings of love, comfort, togetherness, friendship, sadness of the impending doom and a level of contentment I haven't felt in a long time.

Mental brain pictures taken to pull out in just under three weeks when a level of sadness will enclose my heart.

Time together with my friends...no...My family. God's family. The family that God has so blessed me with.

Thank you, Kelly, Ty, Carrie, Jordan, Titus and Nick for giving me a day of blessings, a day of lasting memories.........a yesterday.

I have to go cry now!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the cry before work. Before we found GM and our family here, we always talked about moving home..I am not sure that I can say that anymore... because this has become my home. We are moving back to the place where we grew up..but home is where your heart is and for a while after we are gone..my heart will be here. I love the memories we have made, and the life we have shared as a family. I could never say thank you enough for all you have done for Ty and I..the prayers, the food, the laughter, the hospitality..the list goes on. You are great and I love you very much.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Carrie Bourne said...

I am just like you...I know it is coming...I am trying to make as many memories as possible before that ever changing 3 week mark gets here. Yesterday WAS great! I loved it...it was relaxing, content, full of "family" time. It's great to have such wonderful friends..I am so blessed. And, yes, tears did roll down my cheeks as I read this.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There will be no crying!

Love,
Ty

12:39 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

I am praying for you.. seasons change but friends are forever girl!

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sweet...

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sweet...

10:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Soya, your writing is good. I could picture you in your house with your friends. I think your writing is getting really good!

12:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry, SONYA! I am typing in the dark so I messed up your name.

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home