Friday, March 07, 2008

Balancing Act

Life has become one huge balancing act for me! Obviously, which you can tell from the lack of writing in this blog! (I wonder if I even have any readers left!) Trying to keep it all together has become my daily prayer instead of an action of becoming more organized. I don't think all the organization in the world is going to make a difference right now!

I'm working two jobs, both of which I love. My new one (Pitney Bowes) is turning into a challenge of stuffing so much knowledge in my brain that I worry about an explosion any minute! I'm on my fourth week and I haven't even begin to understand or know it all. For goodness sake, I even have to learn the rules and regulations of the United States Post Office! I'm told it will take about a year for the light bulb to go off and I can then say......oh yeah I get it now! Believe me, I'm not complaining, I do love it so far. I was able to go out on my own in the field and visit customers this week. It was so much fun and far different than Real Estate and I got to be in my great hometown of Frisco. I am so happy to have this city as my main territory!

I am still working at Victoria's Secret part time, I have to with being out of work for so long. The bills piled up and need some attention and working 10-12 hours a week help. Not complaining again (ok, sometimes I do!) I love it there and it's so much fun. Not to mention in the last two weeks we have gotten a free $45 bra, a free mascara and two free bottles of lotion! Anytime they come up with something new we get it to try! Gotta love that! On a side note......I really struggled when I had to choose between a management position here and the job at Pitney Bowes. There was a lot of praying that went on for that decision!

Taking care of Nick full time has been WONDERFUL but challenging at the same time. I had gotten used to eating PB&J's on the nights I didn't have him and now I have to cook something! That hasn't been the true challenge, just an added chore. The challenge has been to work really hard at being both a mother and father to him. His dad hasn't had much place in his life over the last three months, so I have had to pick up the slack. All the while, I know that no matter how hard I try to be everything to him, I fail because ultimately he needs and wants his father. It leaves a huge sense of responsibility on my shoulders and I have given up most of any kind of social life to be with him and it's leaving me out of touch with the adult world. Thank God, for my church activities or I would probably resort to becoming 13 again and feeling as if my whole life is video games and Debbie cakes! We have grown closer than ever before and I love the fact that he trusts in me so much. I think we are on the way to fixing the problems with his dad and hopefully things will be changing for the better (for Nick) in the near future.

As mentioned in the above paragraph, church activities have been a big part of my life. I attend Celebrate Recovery twice a week and it has been a challenging journey for me to say the least. Confrontation with the past, with my hurts and hangups has taken some energy out of me. Ultimately I know it's for the good, because there is healing involved, but bringing up memories of my childhood and telling them to a group of people has at times seemed like more than I could handle. Everyone in the group is so supportive though and have passed no judgment on mistakes I have made in my life because of the past and thank God no one passing judgment on my salvation because I haven't gotten over the past yet! Healing is just around the corner.....I can feel it!

I also have been taking more of a leadership role in our Singles Ministry at church. I have had the privilege of being able to teach again and can I just say, how awesome that is! What a blessing these people have been in my life! We have grown so much in just the last three months and I am amazed at what God is doing in the group. What started out as about 5 of us meeting on a regular basis and calling ourselves the "single group" is now a full blown "Singles Ministry" with around 15 of us on a regular basis, with new ones coming every week. The pastors of our church have really been supportive of our desire to have this as a intricate part of PTCC and therefore we are no longer a group but a ministry! God is so good and I trust in Him to grow us more in numbers and in our relationship with each other and with Him.

So there you have it, my life and my attempt at balancing it all. Two jobs, full time mom and dad, in depth therapy for healing and a leadership role all call me to live out my life so others can see that I truly live out Phillipians 4:13...............

"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me"

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

It is good to hear what God is doing! Know that we are praying for you, even if you don't hear from us for awhile.
We love you!!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home