Monday, December 17, 2007

You Wait

What do you do when you know you've heard from God, you have obeyed him, you have stepped out of the comfort zone of the boat to walk on the water and yet the storms continue to blow, the waves crash and you wonder if you even know what a freakin comfort zone is anymore? What do you do when you wonder if you heard right, even though you know beyond a shadow of a doubt you did? What do you do when you wonder where is the blessing from the obedience? What do you do when it seems like God is silent and far away?

You wait.
And in your waiting you trust.
And in your trusting you grow your faith.
And in your growing of faith you develop a ministry.
And in that ministry you bless others that are on the verge of stepping out of the boat.

But most of all with a big sigh.......you wait.

I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;

it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

That is my favorite Psalm! We are praying for you in your waiting!
Love you!!!

8:42 AM  
Blogger V. said...

I haven't checked in on you in awhile. That resonates with me. The wait. argh. I am too impatient for the wait....

V.
(new blog)
www.repurposed.wordpress.com

9:13 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Patience is DEFINITELY NOT a gift of mine but this spoke SO much to me! I got the chills and excited at the same time. Now that I know it was in Psalms, I might just have to dive into that book VERY soon.
Thank you for your words Sonya, I love to read your blog!

Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home