Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Blessings Abound

I tell you I am amazed once again at the loving kindness of people in my life these days. I have received four invitations to Christmas this year! When normally this is the time of the year that is considered "family" time, people have opened their hearts and homes to me. One of the invitations comes from someone I am just getting to know in my Celebrate Recovery group and it amazes me even though she knows all my "past stuff" she was so excited to invite me to spend the holidays with her family. It's the year without the boys, so it means especially a lot to be inluded. They are going with their father to his mom's....it's the first Christmas without their PawPaw and they want to be there for their Granny. It makes my heart glad that Nick is worried about her. He is such another one of my greatest blessings.

I am having my annual breakfast again this year and I am blessed that I have friends to attend. I started the tradition last year and hope to continue it for a long time! Not sure how many are coming, but it's basically people like me that have no family here and have no one to spend Christmas with. The menu is Belgin waffles with your choice of strawberries and whipped cream or syrup, Bacon, sausage, breakfast casserole, biscuits, muffins (a new addition this year) and the ever famous Monkey Bread! Of course we will have coffee and mimosa's. If you have no place to go, ya'll come on over. There is always a place at my table for you.

I have also been blessed by the outpouring of prayers and promise of prayers from people over my job search. This morning I emailed my completed resume out to a large group of friends in my sphere and heard back from almost half of them already, all of them responding that they would pray for me and some had already forwarded my resume off to other people they knew! With all the prayer lines open, I know things will happen soon. Great is His faithfulness!!

My part time job (which is starting to turn into a full time lately!) at Victoria's Secret is really a blessing too! I am having so much fun! And they love me there! I had lunch with the store manager today and she wants me to stay on after the Holidays, she loves the fact that I am so high energy (I told her she has never seen me at home dead on the couch :) ) and my enthusiasm with the customers. She especially likes my ability to get people to buy more stuff then they normally would have! I just laugh and say thank you all the while thinking......if I can sell half million dollar houses, I can sell a person a few panties! She asked me today if I had any complaints and when I said no I once again endured myself to her. She told me it seems like everyone there has complaints and I told her it's probably the age difference between me and the "others"......some of them are younger than Andrew!

Once again I write of blessings and once again it brings me to a place of thankfulness for all that God has done in my life.

There truly is joy in the journey. You just have to be thankful.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to read of God's continued faithfulness and steadfast outpouring of His love and grace (favor) to you. He always takes care of His children. know that you remain in our thoughts and prayers.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home