Sunday, January 15, 2006

I'm Thankful for..............My Church



HAPPY BIRTHDAY GENESIS METRO!!!!!


Today we are celebrating our church's one year birthday and I'm so excited! We started meeting in May 2004, but had our official grand opening was on January 9, 2005. At our first meeting in May we had about 30-40 people in attendance and I'm happy to say we currently have around 175-180 members! God has blessed us so much!


In the first part of 2004 I personally went through a lot of terrible things, a few months of severe depression, a divorce and a ugly split up with my best friend. I was seeing a therapist and over those months she kept talking to me about finding a church to attend. I was very hesitant at first, I didn't have a good feeling about church and I hadn't been attending for close to twenty years. I was scared of church and of God, but at the same time I knew I needed something big to happen in my life.

I met my pastor, Tim and my executive pastor, Kyle during those months at some various Chamber of Commerce networking meetings and had chatted with them about their church. Tim and I emailed back and forth a few times about the church and he told me they would be meeting for the first time on a Sunday in May. So, I thought I would give a try and go for their first meeting and see what happens.

What happened was amazing and life changing!! Over the next couple of Sunday mornings and various talks with Tim I accepted Christ into my life and I've never looked back!! It has been a life altering experience and I have loved every minute of it! God has blessed me so much and I owe a lot of this to becoming a part of GM!

GM is my home, my refuge, the place I know I am loved and needed. There were a couple of months back in 2005 that I thought about leaving and finding another church. I felt like I wasn't really a part of the church anymore, that I wasn't wanted or needed there anymore. Thank God I figured out that is was Satan trying very hard to get me out because he knew all of that wasn't true! I am wanted there and I am needed. Since then I have become more involved in the church, I have taught a women’s bible study and have become part of the leadership team to get our new church wide 40 Days of Purpose study organized and implemented and I will even be teaching one of the studies. WOW, I've come a long way from the divorced, depressed, haven't been to church in twenty years, woman! I am so humbled by the acceptance and trust that the church has put in me.

GM and all the people in it have blessed my life so much. All of my best friends attend the church with me and they bless me in so many wonderful ways! I can't stress to you how much this Church and the poeple in it, has helped change me into the woman of faith that I am today. Each Sunday I get to worship God with an amazing worship team, I get to hear sound Bible teachings from an amazing pastor that always seems to be able to teach me things in just the right way, and I get to fellowship with all of my amazing friends.

I am so blessed and I thank God that he put such a God loving, Bible teaching church into my life. I know we will be blessed with growth and hopefully being able to buy a piece of land this year! I can't wait till we are able to build a church of our own someday and I know God will bless it and many people will find a place they can call home, just like I did.

I love you, Genesis Metro!

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

fantastic post...i couldn't have said this any better myself. great stuff.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Wow, it sounds like you are where God wants you to be .. with His people doing HIS work! There is not better place to be when He is in the house! I pray that you all will get to build and get that land you all desire. GOd Bless you!

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home