Thursday, January 12, 2006

I'm Thankful for.........That I am Loved!

Yesterday, I wrote about how much I love Jesus, so I thought today I would write about how much he loves me. Once again words will fail me when I try and explain the love that he feels for me. I think sometimes I don't dwell on the fact that Jesus loves me. I believe in his love, I talk about it, I read about it in the Bible, but do I really just sit down and think about it and let it flow through my heart and find it's full meaning.

God doesn't just love me, he LOOOOOVES me! He adores me! I consume his every thought. He thinks I am the most perfect thing that he has ever made. He loved me before I was even born. He created me just so he could love me! I was created to be the object of his affection, the apple of his eye. There is a place in his heart that only I can fill.

He doesn't just expect a relationship with me, he craves it. He doesn't love me because he has to, but because he wants too! He needs me; he wants to be everything to me, my father, my husband, my companion, my friend, my LIFE! He follows me wherever I go, he has too, he can't stand to be away from me. He longs to hear my voice and have me talk to him and he stands ready to be attentive.

He loves me with the purest of love, because it is unconditional! I can make a mistake, screw-up, sin and he is still right there loving me with the same fierce love. He doesn't care of the opinion of others, he sees me in a completely different light. He sees the real me and the woman I am supposed to be and it's okay with him that I'm not perfect. He loves me for who I am!

Sometimes I run from his love, but he just runs after me. Sometimes I doubt his love so he whispers over and over again; I love you, until the doubt is gone. He love is something that I never have to fear I will lose!

I want to learn to embrace his love for me. I want to choose to open my heart to it that I can feel it with the same passion that he bestows it... I want to wrap my heart, mind, soul around it. I want to bask in it and allow it to reflect in my face, in my life. I want to feel it with such power that nothing can penetrate it; nothing can make me doubt it!

My friends, I'm happy to say he loves each of you the same way! Isn't it awesome that his heart has no boundaries when it comes to love!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said, as always. You are a woman to be praised and looked up to.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Sonya Terrell said...

Thank you, who ever you are!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sonya, you are learning so much right now! Isn't it awesome! We give God an inch and He gives us a mile. As you continue chasing after the hem of His garment, He is going to continue blessing you.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am loving your "series" on what you are thankful for...what incredible stuff!!!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love is a beautiful thing, and the realization that the God of the universe loves me is better than any feeling in the world.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home