Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I'm Thankful for.......that I'm in LOVE!!

Yes, I'm in love!! To all my friends that are freaking out right now, no I haven't been secretly dating someone and fallen in love. I would never be able to explain that away! You know the person I'm in love with, because you love him too! I started a love affair with him just over a year and a half ago and I've been passionately in love with him ever since. Now, I’ve known about him all my life and even talked to him on occasion, but I really didn't pay that much attention to him until May of 2004. We begin a relationship then and we have been inseparable ever since.


Sometimes this love overwhelms me and I want to go out on my front drive and shout, I LOVE JESUS!, (but I don't, because I don't want to be labeled as the crazy old lady that lives next door!) There are days when I seem to be in stupor, not wanting to work, not wanting to talk with friends, I just want to walk around and think about Jesus. I can't get enough of him. I literally CRAVE more of Jesus. I wish I could explain to all of you just what I mean, but I just can't seem to find the words. Words fail me. So many of you talk about my passion for Jesus and how they can see that I run after him, but it's deeper than that, stronger than that, more passionate than you can even imagine. I don't just run, I sprint!! I'm crying right now as I write this because I just can't seem to come up with just the right words to express my love for him. It amazes me that not everyone else wants what I have! Not everyone craves knowing him better or they have become so stagnate and comfortable that they don't let the love for him burn and rage deep in their souls and hearts.

For those of you that are skeptical and saying...oh, all of her problems she has been blogging about must have been solved and that's why she is so passionate today about loving Jesus. Well your wrong, my problems haven't gone away, I’m still fearful and filled with uncertainty, but my love for God has not waned throughout the whole ordeal, nor will it! Sometimes I get sidetracked and focus too much on myself, but aren't all relationships like that? We all have our moments of selfishness but we always come back to the one we love. For some reason I just woke up this morning full of passionate, burning love for him and I just had to write about it! It's a wonderful feeling to wake up to!

I don't know maybe I'm still on my "honeymoon", but I sure hope not, I want to never, ever lose this feeling. It drives me to be better, it drives me to show God what kind of person I can be, what kind of person he destined me to be. For those of you that may have lost that loving feeling or it's waned a bit, I urge you to find it again, seek it out, it's the best feeling in the world!

Most of my friends that know me know that I have a desire to be in love and married again someday. I am forty years old and I've never known what it feels like to be truly in love with a person, to have someone to be the center of my life, to rock my world! But if earthly love is anything remotely close to the love I have for Jesus, well whom ever God has for me, better watch out!!! Until then I’m just going to focus on Jesus and falling deeper and more madly in love with him!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! He is truly amazing.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing compares to the love we feel for Christ. It truly is a wonderful thing.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sonya, I really think God wanted you to fall in love with him first before showing you a husband and you will benefit so much as a result when you do meet the man he has for you! I must admit that I am envious of your love for Jesus...I am trying to get that head over heels love back myself! Thank you for sharing your heart everyday!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Sonya, I know exactly what you are talking about! There was a time in my life that I was looking for love and I had looked in so many different places -- they were all wrong. One night in my room God showed me that HE had to be my first love and HE was not! He showed me that I would never know what true love really was until I loved HIM with my whole heart. The scripture He lead me to was in Revelation Chapter 2:4 "Neverless I have something against thee, because thou hast left thy first love." I fell on my face, repented of all the ways of sin I was running after and I have been a different person every since. This happend in 1997. I rededicated my life to him, made him my first love. In Jan 1998 I began dating the man who became my husband. God wanted to know He had my whole heart and that He was going to be first in my life. He had to know He could trust me! God is going to give you the desire of your heart.. to love and be loved by a husband. Just wait and see! I will be praying for you! Thank you for sharing your post today. It reminds me to "SPRINT" not just walk ... I need to do better.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home