Saturday, March 18, 2006

InTune

I just finished some quiet time with God. I sat down to read my Bible and then pray, but for some reason I just felt the need to pray. I started praying random things. I would pray about something or someone and then just get lost in my thoughts. While praying at one point I told God that I felt so in-tune with him. Whoa...did that give me pause! So I sat there and I pondered that statement. Over the last few months life has brought me difficulties and changes and I have felt miles away from God. Way too much static that it was drowning out his voice.

But, today I realized even though some of the difficulties are still there and I am still facing those hated changes, God is still with me and there has been a turn around...his voice has drowned out the static. Peace has replaced fear, uncertainty and confusion.

So.....for today me and God are listening to the same station. I have laid down all my burdens, given them to him and he has picked them up to carry for me. Me and God...well, we have an understanding...I do what he tells me to do...and he promises me he'll take care of me.

It's a wonderful feeling to be this close to him, to be able to sing to the same music, to be able to rock to the melody of his love.

God.....sweet, sweet music.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Bourne said...

Great post! What can I add to that? I loved the last line, "God...sweet, sweet music." Profound.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home