Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Fog

This morning while driving to work it was really foggy outside. I kept trying to look ahead through the fog to make sure there were no dangers or things to avoid but I couldn't see more than a few feet in front of me and it was kind of scary. But as I kept driving, I realized that whatever part of the road I was on was clear and as long as I stayed focused on that part I would be ok. The fog didn't affect the place I was at, it was behind me and before me but the point I was at was clear.

It had me thinking isn't this what faith in God is like? There are a lot of times in life when you can't see more than just a few feet in front of you and yet if you are like me, you still try to look ahead and see further into the future and all you see is fog. Or, when you look behind you into the past and all you see is fog. Faith is being able to live in the here and now....the spot where it is clear for the moment despite the troubles and adversities surrounding you. Faith is NOT straining to see into the distance or fearing the dangers that may be lurking there, but allowing God to worry about the road ahead. Faith is giving him the past and allowing him to make good from it.

I'm thankful for the fog this morning it gave me a fresh perspective on faith and it gave new meaning to the scripture in Matthew that I've read a hundred times......"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" (Matt. 6:34)

The fog doesn't scare me anymore, just as the future doesn't. God is in control.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brent Haldeman said...

Cool analogy. I like it.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I had an experience like that when I was in grad school in St. Louis. It was very foggy and I couldn't see very far ahead at all and God showed me some of the same things about trusting Him and that He will reveal what and how much I need to know at the right times for me to keep following Him.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home