Thursday, August 30, 2007

Are you Blessed?

Lately it seems I keep running into people that I have very short conversations with that turn out to be very meaningful. I wrote about one the other day in my post titled "A Fresh Day" and today while stopped at the guard post for a gated community to sign in to be able to show homes I had another one. While signing in with one of the guards another one on the side decided to engage me in a conversation. It went like this:

Me - Good morning

Guard - Good morning! Are you as blessed as I am today?

Me - Yes I am because I have Him. (I pointed up)

Guard - Well then young lady you are living on higher ground!

Me - Yes I am!

Guard - Well, now you have a great day selling houses!

I wish as you read those words you could have heard the absolute joy in his voice. I can't remember a time I have come across someone that seemed so full of happiness. In his, what some people would view as a meaningless job, he chooses to be a blessing to people as they come to the gate. I wonder if he knows how much he blessed me today. I want to be more like him!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home