Friday, October 05, 2007

Shout Out

I wanted to send a special shout out to the PTCC (Preston Trail Community Church) Singles group. This group of people are absolutely amazing! It's a small group, they are just starting out but each of them are so warm and loving I am sure it will grow in no time.

This is the first time since becoming a Christian that I have had kindred friends. After losing so many wonderful friends when I left my last church I honestly didn't think I would ever be able to find new ones and fill the void. Now, here I am a whole new set of friends....not better, just different. About ninety percent of them are walking the same road as I am, divorced, raising children on their own, dealing with ex's and finding authentic fellowship with God and each other in what seems like a couples world(and let's not forget sitting through a marriage series at church!). It's always amazing when God gives you just what you need, just when you need it. A set of friends in the beginning of your walk that will hold your hand and lead you to maturity and then a set of friends that you can take what you've learned and now walk alongside.

The PTCC singles have a strong desire to grow in God and to develop strong relationships with each other. We are currently doing a study of "Who is in your five?" a study on authentic fellowship. It's been fun learning the different personalities of each other.

So.....thanks to all of you for your acceptance into the group, your loyalty, your love and your warm hugs. And, let's not forget the laughter that makes you choke and water come out of your nose! I don't think I have laughed as much as I have with this group. Thanks for your prayers as I search the path for the new journey God revealed to me. Thanks Tony and Sandy for leading the group. Thanks for coming and finding me when I strayed away and bringing me back. I was told that if I ever left again that I would be hunted down and brought back. It's cool I've never had a "stalker" before! :)

I look forward to seeing what God has for the group!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Sonya I am so glad to hear that you have found a place you are feeling at home! Those people are so lucky to have you come into their circle and I will pray that you continue to make some genuine friends. I bet they are a lot more fun than all these boring married people! :-) I'm looking forward to hearing more about where God is leading you now!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Yeah!! I am SO happy to hear that you have found a place. :) Our prayers will continue to be with you and I'll call you soon to hear all about it!
Love you and Miss you!!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, I have to say that I am so thrilled you are a part of that group! I have ALWAYS felt like you would feel like a million bucks when you surrounded yourself with people that are in the same place. And you know what I meant by that. I don't mean that you would not fit in with married people, etc. But, OBVIOUSLY you find so many kindred spirits in a singles group. This makes me really happy.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home