Thursday, August 23, 2007

Something to Believe In

This afternoon while driving home from showing homes the thought popped into my mind how happy it makes me to have something to believe in.....specifically the belief in an awesome God. The thought came out of nowhere but I went with it and pondered it for awhile.

To have something of such great power to believe in even though I can't see, feel or hear in an audible voice brings a such a sense of satisfaction and contentment. I love believing in Him. I think at that moment I caught a glimpse of what true faith is.

I have been accused at times of not having hope, but I believe that as long as I believe in God I am full of hope.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kara Akins said...

I saw you from the LPM blog. When we are full of hope we are full of joy. It is like having the winning lottery ticket in your hand even tough you haven't cashed it in yet. Not that I play the lottery but I think that is how hope feels. You can enjoy the gift of something before it actually comes. I pray that God will fill you w/ hope thru the power of His Spirit. I also am praying for your church home. Sounds like you are in the midst of change and prayer is always a good thing to be covered in while going thru that process. I hope my prayer bears fruit of peace and joy in your life. I pray His will is clear before you and that you hear a voice say, "This is the way, walk ye in it".

Blessings,
Kara

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home