Thursday, November 22, 2007

This Girl is Blessed!

It seems kinda corny to write a post on being thankful on Thanksgiving so if you will be patient with my corniness I would love to tell you of God's blessings .

It's been a hard year, one of the hardest I have ever been through. Changes I NEVER thought I would have to make, financial difficulties, family difficulties, loss of good friends are just a few of the things I have had to battle. Yet, there has remained one constant in my life, Christ. No matter how hard things have gotten He has remained with me. I felt Him as soon as I opened my eyes this morning. I thought about how by His grace I am alive and free. As I lay there I thought about all the things I had to be thankful for......a roof over my head, good health, a 13 year old laying beside me (he came and got in my bed at 5:30 this morning, he does that sometimes and I still love it!) shoes on my feet, and clothes on my back. For a moment there the negatives tried to intercede and make their presence know but I chose to ignore them for the day. God is good and He stays constant even when life is swirling out of control. That is something to be thankful for!

I received five invitations to Thanksgiving this year! Five! I don't think I have ever received that many before and it makes me feel so wanted and blessed. One was received from an old friend from work, one from a new friend I met at work, one from a friend at my new church and two from friends from my old church. All of them made absolute sure that I was not only welcomed but truly wanted. All of them are beautiful people and choose to model Christ by making sure that although I am not family by human blood we are by His blood. I have to especially send thanks out to my friends from my old church. When they could have given up on me even after the times I have cried on their shoulders or complained about life they have never burned out and they still see me as someone worth being around. And they really don't care what church I go to, they just care about me! They truly exemplify what it means to be like Christ. One of them said to me "Sonya, we just love to hang out with you dear". Thanks friend! I feel the same about you!

As the year draws to a close and I begin to reflect on it I realize despite the difficulties I have endured I am still standing strong. But only through God's grace can I say that.

This girl is blessed! Sing Praise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home