Friday, January 20, 2006

I'm Thankful for.......Coffee & Cheeseburgers!


I LOOOOOVE Coffee! The first thing I do each morning when I wake up is make the coffee. There is nothing more comforting to me that a hot, steaming cup of coffee. Although I have a couple cups each morning, I actually will drink it anytime of day. Every few days I make a run to Starbucks for my $4 dollar cup or I have a cup at the office (not very good, I might add!) or go for a cup over at my friend Kelly's house (my favorite place!). She and I share a love affair with coffee and we are always calling each other to come over for coffee. Actually... if Kelly is coming over for something, she will call me ahead to make sure I have a pot going! Of course I know this now, so it's always on before she calls.

I always have my clients meet me at Starbucks before going out to look at houses. It's a great place to meet because everybody knows where Starbucks is! Hey, and while I'm there waiting I have, can you guess? ...a cup of coffee! It's also a great place to meet up with friends and catch up on our lives.

Oh, and I like my coffee strong! No wimpy weak stuff for me! I am from New Orleans and we only brew strong, dark, coffee that will make you go mmmm......! Kelly and I agree on this one too!



Okay, call me a kid at heart but my favorite food in the whole world is...cheeseburgers. I love them, I adore them and I crave them! I know, I know maybe I should love something more grown up like, pasta, steak or Mexican, but if loving cheeseburgers is childish, well, I say let me be childish! My favorite place to eat them is at Scotty P's in Frisco, ohhh...their chili cheeseburger is to die for! Outback Steakhouse also makes a really good one (I told you I prefer them over steak!). I had one the other night while out with my friends Patrick & Raquel at the Red Robin in Grapevine and it was also really good and have been wishing they would build one here so I can have another one. Maybe I will have to make a trip out to Grapevine to have one and maybe….my friend Amanda will meet me there? :)

I told you I would be writing on things that bring me pleasure and now you know that coffee and cheeseburgers bring me pleasure! mmmm...................

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Of course I will meet you there! My life is in Grapevine. It's my home! I'm so glad to be home! Anyway, I love this post! By the way, Market Street has delicious coffee!!!!! For Christmas I got a very nice stainless steel coffee maker and everyone that comes to my house comments on my coffeemaker. It's so funny. I miss Scotty P's!! Girl, Snuffers has some awesome burgers too! My friend is on her way over to my house right now and I think I am going to tell her we need cheeseburgers for lunch. YUMMY! Thanks for making me appreciate the simple and delicious things in life.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Starbucks had franchise opportunites, I would have to say that Brandon and I would probably have bought one for Providence by now. I love coffee too...anytime you want someone to visit with over coffee...give Peyton and I a call! :-) Cheeseburgers are one of my favorites too. Unfortunatly I can't enjoy those these days...I have a bridesmaids dress I have to be able to fit into by April.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am passionate about coffee!! Any time, any place with anyone!! Sonya and I always pop in for coffe with each other...athat is something I treasure!!!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

... I am really enjoying reading your posts the past few days.. lets me have a chance to get to know you better and the things that make you smile.... thanks for sharing with us! God Bless!

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You once said to me, "Carrie, this is why I love eating with you....because you EAT!" No one can ever accuse me of starving myself...I love to eat too much!

Coffe and italian food, those are the things I could not live without!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home