Thursday, January 19, 2006

I'm Thankful for..............Travel




I love to travel! It really doesn't matter if it's just for the weekend or for a whole week’s vacation. I just love to get away from ordinary day to day life. I wish resources (money!) were more in abundance so I could do it more!

I really didn't get to vacation much when I was growing up, maybe the occasional trip to a out of town relatives house or to church camp. It wasn't until I got married that I really went on my first vacation. I've been to some really cool places and here are some of my favorites:


Hawaii - This is my favorite place on earth! I have been there twice and I literally crave to go back. I dream of going back! It is the most beautiful place on earth (my opinion) and you can see God's idea of true beauty. There is such a lushness about it that makes you just want to stay and never come back. And ohhhh.....the smell of Hawaii, I can't explain it, it just smells beautiful! I have been on the islands of Oahu and Maui and they both are special in their own way. I have been snorkeling at the place you see in the picture above. That was so much fun!!

Oahu is the place that I ran my marathon so it definitely is special - I say if you’re going to run a marathon, do it in Hawaii! Oahu is also the home of Pearl Harbor, a place deeply rooted in our American history. It is very sobering standing on the memorial looking over and seeing parts of the sunken battleships or looking at the memorial of the names of all the men/women who died that day. I have been there twice and it moved me to tears each time.

Maui is just plain beautiful! We rented a open air jeep while there and rode all over the island. We did the trip up Hana highway and stopped at various spots to see the scenery or to play in a waterfall. The trip took us all day but it was worth it. It's a bit scary on top of the mountain looking down; it's a long, long, way down! But at the same time the scenery will take your breath away!



Turks and Caicos Islands - A place still untouched by the world! There are no Wal-Marts, no chain grocery stores. It's just paradise. The water is absolutely beautiful there. It is so clear you can see down 15 -20 feet. The picture shows the all-inclusive resort we stayed in! What a great time we had, Nick keeps asking when we are going back!







Destin, Fl. - Some of the best beaches I have ever seen. It has the whitest of sands and blue green water. It's a great place to go to with family and friends. Rent and share a condo and just play on the beach! I LOVE the beach! I have made it one of my prayer requests that I would have the finances to be able to go this summer! Anyone want to go with me?!

I've been lucky to be able to go to these beautiful places! I dream of going to Italy someday and of course Hawaii again! Perhaps.......on my honeymoon?! I'm going to Las Vegas in February for a work conference and I'm so excited! I've never been there.

I'm serious about the above questions, does anyone want to go to Destin this summer, rent and share a condo and play on the beach!! It would be great fun! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

We are going a cruise AGAIN in March for my 30th!! I am so excited! We are going with some friends.

Okay that picture you have of Hawaii, I have snorkled right there at that place!!! Molokini has the best snorkeling!! We actually saw a shark, it was a black tail. I LOVE IT!! Jeremy and I love Maui! We WILL go back someday!

Now you are making me so excited about our Cruise coming up!!!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

One more thing, the road to Hana is GORGEOUS! You are so right about the smell in Hawaii. It's so cool looking at your picture of Molokini. I remember being so close to it and the our lifegaurd that sat in his surf board said, "Don't touch the volcanic rock!" When I look at that picture it reminds me of how blessed I am. I HAVE BEEN THERE!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home