Thursday, April 06, 2006

Prayers for Guidance

Today at 11:00 I will meet with the leader of the top Real Estate team in our office, about possibly coming to work with their team. This is something that came up suddenly and not something I was expecting to do. As most of you know I do not like change and going to work with another team scares me to death....even though all the recent changes on my current team has had me in a tough situation.

As I was praying about the meeting this morning, I had a bad case of fear come over me! The fear is not from making a change... it comes from not making the right decision that God wants me to make. I am scared that I will not hear correctly what the Holy Spirit is leading me to do. As I said, this is the top team in our office; they sold over 150 homes last year compared to our teams 56! I don't want to get caught up into making the wrong decisions because of the amount of money I could make or awesome promises made to me and then find out later it was not all that is seemed...then I have no where else to go. I am also scared of not making the change.... because of my fear of change! Even with all the difficulties of the last few months with my current team, I feel safe and I am willing to tough it out.

I just want to do what is right by God. I know with obedience to him comes blessings. This is a big decision for me and something that will affect my finances, my time, and my life. My fear of not doing God's will for me is so much stronger than my fear of change.

So pray for me my friends! Pray that my heart will be open and aware of what God has for me. Pray for guidance to make the right decision. But, most of all pray for clarity!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sonya, I am so excited that you have been presented with a new opportunity. I know you have been worried about everything going on at your job and I will pray that you have clarity and peace about your decision. I've missed visiting with you lately...hope to see you this weekend!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Carrie Bourne said...

I have already prayed for this meeting this morning. I will specifically pray for clarity for you. Think of the fears you have...the things that are lacking in your current position that riddle you with anxiety...look at how God could be meeting those needs through another avenue. It may cost you something. Time or energy, trust in something you don't know yet-faith. I will pray for peace and direction on this decision.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I will pray for you too -- I have a feeling that once you're there and talking, you're going to know. It won't be about the money, just the fit that you feel over everything. Follow that instinct. If God doesn't want you there, it may be small...but I pray you'll feel it.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

I will be praying for you.. been missing your posts...

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home