Friday, April 07, 2006

Progress Report

So...yesterday I had my first meeting with one of the leaders from the new team I am considering. I have to admit I didn't go in expecting to be interested, I just went in out of curiosity and because of a sense of "I should". I was hoping that I wouldn't like what I heard and thus make the decision easy for me to stay with my current team. Well....this is not what happened. What I was told, what we talked about, sounds very promising, sounds like a good plan and sounds like an opportunity to make more money.

Yet...there are still doubts. For all the good things I heard, there are things that will change for me. I will lose a lot of flexibility...something I love. It will require more discipline and structure, but most of all more accountability. Yes...all of these things are good for me, but it would be a hard adjustment for me.

Today I meet the other leader of the team. The one that will be the deciding vote...although the leader I met with yesterday has already decided he wants me on the team. I have heard that the leader today, can be hard, and doesn't have a "warm and fuzzy" personality. But, I will be my own judge.

The door has been opened and I have stepped inside to look around. Things look good from where I'm standing, but I keep looking back through the doorway at the things I could be leaving behind.

Please continue to pray for me. Pray for my doubts about the decision Pray that if this is not the right doorway for me to go through that God will close it, lock it, put a chain around it, nail a few 2X4's over it and place a huge KEEP OUT! sign on it.

And pray that if it is the door to choose, that it will close behind me and I will not be able to open it again to look back and see the things I left behind.

Please God, leave me no doubt.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Bourne said...

You are doing good! Just remember that he is always trying to provide in areas that you need...sounds like He may be providing them...

9:13 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

I will pray...

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home