Friday, April 14, 2006

To My Friend Kelly

It's been almost two weeks since my friends Ty & Kelly moved to Louisiana. Everyday I keep expecting them to come home. See....I'm used to them going away for a week or so on a cruise or to see their parents and it's starting to hit me they are not on vacation and they are not coming back.

I have to admit when they actually left two weeks ago it didn't hurt so much. I had known for a few months they were leaving and I had slowly built a wall around my heart to protect it when the time came. I remember the few days leading up to them leaving I kept wondering why I wasn't "losing it", why I wasn’t “breaking down" in fits of tears. I wondered what was wrong with me, my best friend was moving away and I wasn't miserable!

As I sat this morning thinking about the busy weekend ahead it hit me....Kelly should be here for it. It's our best friend Carrie's 30th birthday and she should be here to celebrate with us. Patrick's parents are in town and she should be here to meet them. Raquel and I are having a jewelry party at my house to show Patrick's mom's jewelry line and she should be here to ohh & ahh over it and of course spend some money. We have a church Easter egg hunt on Sunday and she should be here to watch Titus & Jordan's excitement on finding them and...Jordan trying to talk Titus into giving up his eggs to him! :) She should have been here last night when I made her favorite mushrooms and went to Janna and Justin's to see baby Adison. She is missing out...but most of all I am missing out on her standing beside me...being a part of my life as it goes on here in Texas.

The wall is starting to crumble. Everyday that she doesn't come home from "vacation" a little more of it breaks off. As pieces of it breaks off it leaves my heart exposed. The tears have started, coming at odd times and coming more and more. I am on the verge of "losing it"...of..."breaking down". Reality is setting in and believe me it's not pretty and I don't want to look at it.

I miss you Kelly and my heart is sad. I keep waiting for you to call me to come have a cup of coffee or to go to the gym. I can't stand the thought of someone else living in you house. I want you to live there just 5 minutes away from me. I want you to be here for......life! I miss Ty too...my little bro...my computer geek....my fix it, change it, handyman. Oh God...what am I going to do, it's only been two weeks! Instead of it getting easier it's getting harder.

I love you Kel....and I miss you....miss you....miss you!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree..it is getting harder. The tears do come at odd times, not the times you think they would...but at random, for no reason times. But this is it..this is our reality, as much as it hurts and is hard..we can make it work. There will be trips to Dallas, trips to Lousiana..old tyme grocery, prejean's, great coffee..the list goes on. So just pick up the phone and tell me you are on your way..anytime. Not as convienient as 5 minutes, but 6 hours..not to bad either. Love you. And no breaking down...or I will have do drive there and drag you out of your closet..don't make me come back there!!!!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah..thanks for writing again. I just hope the rest of your Gm bloggers will get on it as well..got that folks..don't make me start naming names!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Sonya Terrell said...

If I thought that going in the closet would actually get you to drive down here....I would go in there right NOW!!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Carrie Bourne said...

Ok....that brought the tears to my eyes...I do miss them...I do wish they were still here, but life goes on. As much as we would like to have it one way, life has to go on in reality...

1:19 PM  
Blogger Carrie Bourne said...

What a cliche comment that was! Who was that?!!! Sonya, go to your closet and get it all out...it's better just to deal with it! Besides, that would FORCE her to come back, right?

3:26 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

beautiful words from a beautiful heart about an equally beautiful couple.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home