Thursday, May 25, 2006

Milestone



I just got back from a mini "graduation" ceremony for Nicholas. He has completed fifth grade...elementary school....and is headed for middle school. Man, how time flies. I can't believe he is so grown up. It makes me sad that my little boy is growing up so fast. But....at the same time I get to see that little boy grow up to be just as I picture him to be. Talk about bitter-sweet! He is the light of my life, someone who makes me want to get out of bed each morning and someone who drives me to be a better role model. To top it all off...he's smart too!!! He received the following awards today:

A Commended score for TAKS (Texas assesment testing) Achievement in the following subjects:

Mathematics
Science
Reading

This achievement is given to students that missed no more than 3 questions on the test. He only missed one in Math!!

He also received an award for making the A/B honor Roll! His final grades were 85 in Reading...89 in Language Arts....83 in Math....86 in Science....92 in Social Studies.

All of this may not seem important to my readers...but all of you will understand one day with your children.

Nick, I am so proud of you. I am so proud to me your Mom. I fall more in love with my "little boy" each and every day.

Happy "Graduation" and cheers to a new chapter called.....Middle School!

I LOVE YOU!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Bourne said...

Way to go Nick! We all love you!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

Glad to see your blogging again!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home