Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Marathon Day

Yesterday's work day started at 9:45 and I ended up back home at 10:15 last night. Although very tired it was a productive day in many ways. I started at the office for an hour of just getting some papers signed by clients, faxing some papers, the usual office "stuff". But the day really started when I picked up my friend Patrick and his father Larry at 11:30....and the fun began! The marathon of finding the right first home for Patrick and Raquel had started! Raquel and Peg...Patrick's mom...met us later after a morning of shopping at the Dallas market.

What an awesome day! Spending all day with some of my best friends at the same time doing my job! How many people can say they can do that?! Not only did I get to spend the day with Patrick & Raquel, but also with Patrick's parents. What truly awesome people! I have immensely enjoyed getting to know my friend's family, it lets me know him better and of course I got to hear funny stories of how Patrick used to say "truck" growing up (you're not alone Titus!)!

The day was long, full of house hunting, negotiations, a difference of opinion here and there, five people crammed into one car, lunch at Scotty P's....dinner at La Hacienda. But the best was the day filled with friendship…old and new...love, fellowship and of course lots of laughter! Patrick's dad is very funny and had me cracking up at dinner! As I sat across the table at dinner from Peg and Larry I thought to myself how lucky my friend Patrick was to have such great parents. It is my biggest sadness in my life that I don't have that. But no worries....I truly believe God will place a loving family in my life someday.

Peg and Larry leave today and it's odd...I'm going to miss them.

Peg jokingly said they would adopt me and I could be Patrick's sis, I wonder if she was serious...........

3 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Hey girl just checking in.. I am praying for you!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Carrie Bourne said...

Sounds like a perfect job! I know you guys had fun....I hope they find something that they absolutely love.

I also enjoyed meeting Patrick's parents...great people!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so excited for Patrick and Raquel, and it's awesome that your job let's you share in that experience!!!

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home