Monday, April 24, 2006

Core

Yesterday was an awesome service at church! The worship was one of the best that I can remember. God was definitely in our midst! A lot of this was due to our men of GM (my church) coming back from...what I can only imagine...was an rewarding men's retreat at Lake Lavon. I could feel the power of God expressed through their faces, their worship, and their actions. CORE was the theme of their retreat. Getting back to the CORE (heart) of having passion for God. Getting back to the CORE values of our church.....Love, Truth, Beauty and Freedom

We only had men playing and singing on our worship team....one of them doing it for the first time. What a moving experience! As I watched my friend Cameron's arms raised high in the air as he sang, I almost lost it! My heart was so full of joy seeing him worshiping God like that, seeing the serene peace and total commitment to God on his face. And when he closed us in prayer...again tears of joy and happiness filled my eyes. My pastor delivered a powerful sermon that I will take with me for a long time. I also saw a new and refreshing passion for God in his face and my heart was once again filled with joy and happiness.

These men are my rock, the CORE of our church, men I call friends...my brothers in Christ. Anyone of them at anytime I know I could walk up to with a problem or a need and they would be there for me without hesitation. I am so blessed. My future husband has big shoes to fill...because I will settle for no less than what I see in the men of my church.

Through their worship yesterday it has renewed my passion for Christ...renewed my hunger to know him more.

Thanks to all the men of GM for being the CORE of our church and my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Bourne said...

Incredible! I sit here having experienced the same thing yesterday morning and I could not have said it better myself. I count it a great privilege to be able to experience this right along with them. What a blessing it is to be where we are at GM!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home