Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Fresh Day

Yesterday morning while out running I ran past a couple of older ladies that were out walking. I usually have my music on and will just nod at people as I run by, but this morning the batteries were out and I didn't have any new ones so I was running music-less (very hard to do!). So instead of a nod I shouted out a good morning to them and they responded back with a good morning and a how are you, I responded back with a fine, how are you and one of the ladies said something that has stuck with me....I'm great, it's a fresh day.

As I continued to run I reflected on this statement and thought what a great approach she had to the day. I thought about how many times I have woken up only to groan at the thought of the day ahead. So as I ran I thought of things that made it a fresh day and here is some of the things that came to mind:

It's a fresh day full of God's mercies.

It's a fresh day to serve him with all I have

It's a fresh day to serve others.

It's a fresh day to work harder at my job.

It's a fresh day to spend time with Nick.

It's a fresh day to be out running to better my health.

It's a fresh day to enjoy the good things in my life.

The list could go on and on. That lady probably doesn't know how much she spoke to me with her statement, but I tell you I had a much better attitude throughout the rest of the day because of it. Facing the day with a "fresh" perspective makes it so much more enjoyable and peaceful.

Every new morning we have the decision on how we will face the day.....may I always make the decision to face it with a spirit of "freshness"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home