Sunday, August 05, 2007

God is where YOU are

I've had a thought on my mind for the last couple of days but I kept pushing it away because I was too busy to contemplate on it. But it fought it's way to the surface and I now understand.

Finding God is not confined to a certain church, a certain body of believers or even a certain group of friends.

As I have been going on the journey of visiting new churches in the search to find a new church home this has become clearer to me. He has led me on this journey and everyday I would pray for Him to lead me to a church where I could find Him. To a group of people that I could find Him in. In my prior church He was always there and no less than that was what I required from a new one. But God has been quietly talking to me to assure me that He is wherever I am.

It doesn't matter what church I attend He can be found because He goes with me when I go. It doesn't matter what friends I have, He walks alongside me and will be the best friend I will ever have. It doesn't matter the circumstances in my life, He is with me. This is an amazing feeling. The knowledge that I have someone that loves me enough to go with me every step I take.

I now take this with me when visiting churches. I don't feel so al0ne anymore when I walk through the doors. I don't hold back on worship, I sing loud and raise my hands in praise. He requires no less than that from me.


1O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
2You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.
3You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
4Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O LORD, You know it all.
5You have enclosed me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high, I cannot attain to it.
7Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8(If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.
9If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
10Even there Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will lay hold of me.
(psalm 139:1-10)

1 Comments:

Blogger V. said...

beautiful.

good thoughts.

God is good.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home